The information technology governance structure for UM-Dearborn is intended to:
- oversee campus-wide strategy, policies, process, standards, and priorities related to technology investments;
- represent the key areas of our mission--teaching and learning, research and information, administrative operations;
- bring together the needs, experience, insights of diverse technology users with campus-wide technology experts;
- make enterprise-wide system decisions;
- track outcomes of technology investments.
Together, the various councils, committees, and work groups serve as the collective stewards of campus-wide information technology strategy development.
Membership of the various councils and committees includes deans, faculty, central and unit IT staff, administrators, and students.
The Dearborn campus governance process will align our strategy, tools and process with the larger university IT strategic planning and rationalization efforts to the greatest extent possible, while also meeting distinct elements of our campus' information technology needs.